My Book of the Month

Reading is always fun. I plan on reading a book a month. This month I am reading Laurell K. Hamilton's Hit List. It is in the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series. So far, I've really been enjoying it. 

The book throws me back to the original set of books in the series. The ones where it had less to do with sex and more to do with mystery and suspense. Not that there is anything wrong with reading sex. (Hell, I've been known to write a good sex scene every now and then.) My problem is when the sex steals focus from the main part of the story. Hit List does not have that problem. 

I highly recommend this book. As well as the rest of the Anita Blake series. Hamilton is a phenomenal writer. She paints vivid pictures without being overtly flowery. She is an author I admire. 

The first in the series is Guilty Pleasures. I promise you once you start reading the Anita Blake books you'll be hooked. The latest book, Smolder, releases the same day as my book Onyx. Which is March 21, 2023. 

What book/s are you reading this month? What has captivated you? Please let me know in the comments below so I can add them to my own hit list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Year To Date

Introduction of an Author